This page will generate a customized version of the PluginDetect script
(v0.8.4) for you in several easy steps.
1) Select the checkboxes below to choose which PLUGINS to include in the PluginDetect script.
||[pluginName = (string) plugin name such as . The pluginName string is case insensitive.]
3) Select the checkboxes below to choose which EXTRA FEATURES to include in the PluginDetect script.
4) Press the "Create Script" button (shown above) to generate your customized PluginDetect script.
[To reduce the size of the script, you might want to deselect either the "PluginDetect.getVersion" or
"PluginDetect.isMinVersion" option before pressing the "Create Script" button. Doing so, however, will
reduce the amount of info that PluginDetect reveals about any given plugin.]
5) To save the script, you can either:
6) Place the PluginDetect script into the <head> of your webpage. For example:
Note: Having more than one PluginDetect script in the same web page is not allowed at this time.
For example, say you generate a PluginDetect script that detects only Windows Media Player, and you name it PluginDetect_WMP.js. Then you generate another PluginDetect script that detects only Java, and you name it PluginDetect_Java.js.
Then in the <head> of a web page, you have this:
This situation shown above is NOT permitted and will most likely cause problems!
The correct way to proceed would be to generate a single PluginDetect script that detects both Windows Media Player and Java, and then to place that single PluginDetect script in your web page.
7) Be sure to look at the instructions on how to use PluginDetect