This page will generate the PluginDetect script
for you in several easy steps.
1) Select the checkboxes below to choose which plugins you want to include in your PluginDetect script.
2) Select the checkboxes below to choose which methods you wish to include in the PluginDetect script.
||pluginName = string name such as
||minVersion = string version such as '1,5,0,0' or '1.5' etc...
3) Make the PluginDetect script as small as possible.
4) This feature will allow PluginDetect to show various status/error messages at the top of your web page. This is for testing/debugging purposes only.
5) Press the "Create Script" button (shown above) to generate your customized PluginDetect script.
To save the script, you can either:
7) Place the PluginDetect script into the <head> of your webpage. For example:
Note: Having more than one PluginDetect script in the same web page is not allowed at this time.
For example, say you generate a PluginDetect script that detects only
Windows Media Player, and you name it PluginDetect_WMP.js. Then you generate another PluginDetect script that detects only
Java, and you name it PluginDetect_Java.js.
Then in the <head> of a web page, you have this:
This situation shown above is NOT permitted and will most likely cause problems!
The correct way to proceed would be to generate a single
PluginDetect script that detects both Windows Media Player and Java, and then to place that single PluginDetect script in your web page.
8) Be sure to look at the instructions on how to use PluginDetect