This page will generate the PluginDetect script (
) for you in several easy steps.
1) Select the checkboxes below to choose which plugins you want to include in your PluginDetect script.
2) Select the checkboxes below to choose which methods you wish to use in PluginDetect.
||pluginName = string name such as 'Java', 'QuickTime', 'DevalVR', 'Shockwave', 'Flash', 'WindowsMediaPlayer', 'Silverlight', or 'VLC'
||minVersion = string version such as '1,5,0,0' or '1.5' etc...
3) Select the checkbox below to remove all linebreaks from the PluginDetect script. This will help to make the script as small as possible.
4) Press the "Create Script" button. Then copy the script, and save in a file named "PluginDetect.js"
5) In the <head> of your webpage, include this HTML:
Note: Having more than one PluginDetect script in the same web page is not allowed at this time.
For example, say you generate a PluginDetect script that detects only
Windows Media Player, and you name it PluginDetectWMP.js. Then you generate another PluginDetect script that detects only
Java, and you name it PluginDetectJava.js.
Then in the <head> of a web page, you have this:
This situation shown above is NOT permitted and will most likely cause problems!
The correct way to proceed would be to generate a single
PluginDetect script that detects both Windows Media Player and Java, and then to place that single PluginDetect script in your web page.
6) Be sure to look at the instructions on how to use PluginDetect